- I am a stubborn human being. I have been called stubborn from the time I could talk. I choose to believe it’s not being stubborn, more like wanting to learn, soldiering on and sometimes doing things my way. If you really think about it, I am not stubborn at all, just curious which may/is interpreted by others as stubborn. So yeah, stubborn human being.
- I am blunt. Which others interpret as rude. I don’t think I am rude. And if I am, I don’t intentionally do it, I happen to utter what goes on in my head. I’ve been told normal people don’t. They think of other ways to say things whereas I just say it as I see it. I am trying to be more aware of how bluntness hurts people. I am a work in progress. I am always of the notion ‘why go around in circles when you can say it point blank. But there’s this thing called feelings, or so I’m learning.
- I am socially awkward. I don’t know how to strike up conversations with people I don’t know. Sometimes even with people I know. Maybe after a drink or two I could try but history tells me that doesn’t work either. Most people find this type of behavior anti-social. But I really just don’t know how to socialize. I am like a fish out of water in a social set-up where I don’t know anyone. I’m that person that will cling to you if you take me out and we’re in a place where you’re the only one I know. You’re my lifeline so I am not letting go. And if I do let go, my phone becomes my lifeline.
- I am emotionally messed up. I can’t even begin to explain that because even I don’t understand it myself. I have been in a total of four relationships and not once did I fall in love with the person I was with. I have flirted with others but never seem to be emotionally attached to anyone. I have a theory as to why this is but it’s a work in progress as well. Until I figure it out, I guess this trend continues. Or until someone finds that switch that was turned off. There’s that. I do love my friends and family though. I know how to love when it isn’t romantic. Go figure.
- I am a loner. There is nothing I enjoy more than spending time by myself doing nothing. Even when invited out, I’d rather be home doing of course nothing. Just left in my head. I suppose this isn’t healthy. I tried being social last year and it was quite interesting and fun. Also, it was very draining. Not because our activities were vigorous or anything but spending so much time around people tends to drain me physically and mentally. This is not to say I don’t enjoy hanging out with other people because I do. When I am ready. And when I want to.
There you have it, five things I am willing to share about me that I have come to accept and learning to love about myself. Maybe if I acknowledge them, accept and love them, I may be able to change some of them. MAYBE. Don’t hold your breath though. I don’t want to be responsible for someone’s accidental death.